Thursday, January 21, 2016

Globalization of Butter

On my flight to Addis Ababa, I had the pleasure of spreading Land O Lakes butter (from the great state of Minnesota) on my bun.


On a different note: as part of my grand plan to make this 13 hour flight bearable and begin adjusting to the 7 hour time zone change, at the beginning of the flight I had three glasses of wine, 10 mg of melatonin, and 75 mg of Benadryl. That seemed to do the trick. I was feeling nice and sleepy, put my jacket over my head, and fell into a deep sleep. Later on, I woke up to the hustle and bustle of another meal getting doled out of the noisy cart being pushed down the aisle. At the beginning of the flight, I remembered them announcing that we would get breakfast shortly before our arrival in Addis towards the end of this flight. I woke up, pleased with myself for being able to sleep for the entire flight and up just in time for another complimentary meal from Ethiopian Airlines. I looked at the map of where we were at on the screen on the back of the seat in front of me. I had only slept for two hours! We still had 9 hours to go! As the lady in the seat next to me shifted and knocked my arm off the armrest, my frustration with the situation only made going back to sleep more difficult. At that time we were just getting a snack. With two toddlers frequently running up and down the aisle, stuck in a middle seat with barely enough room for my legs, and wide awake,  I had to wait many hours in my seat before our breakfast came and we soon arrived in Ethiopia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.